If you have bought a Lateral Flow Antigen COVID-19 test from Project Screen by Prenetics, this video will help you take the test in the right way. Please ensure you have access to the internet when you take your test.
About the Project Screen Lateral Flow Antigen Test
Lateral Flow Antigen tests provide a fast and effective way for people to travel safely between countries and socialise with other people without spreading COVID. Not all countries accept a lateral flow test, so do check the government list for more information.
How to Take the Test
A Project Screen Lateral Flow test is a little different from an NHS test as you must upload a photo of the result to your account on the Project Screen website. We will then verify the result and update your profile so that you can travel safely.
To take the test, you’ll need the contents of your box, which include:
- Lateral flow cassette
- Re-agent tube
It’s also worth having a bin to the side for your used materials.
Before taking the test, you’ll need to update your profile.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile phone. Start by completing your personal details, including your passport number, name and address
- Click on ‘activate your kit’ and choose Lateral Flow Antigen
- Enter the code from the inside of the box
Now get everything ready for the test:
- Read the instructions
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds
- Unbox the Lateral Flow cassette
- Open the tube and place it in the card stand
- Rotate the swab 5 times brushing against the inside of the nostril
- Repeat on the other nostril
- Put the swab in the tube to mix the reagent with your specimen and rotate for 30 seconds
- Lightly squeeze the tube as you remove the swab extract as much specimen as possible
- Add the dropper tip firmly onto the tube
- Mix the solution thoroughly by swirling the bottom of the tube
- Add 4 drops of the mixture to the specimen well on the test cassette.
- Start the timer which is set for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes you can read the result
- Do not interpret the result after 30 mins
Now you have to confirm the result. Choose one of the 4 options:
- Just C
- Both C and T (even if T is faint)
- Neither C nor T
- Just T
Then take a photo of the result and confirm the photo matches your submission. Place the rest of the test components in the waste bag and bin them.
Getting Your COVID 19 Test Result
Your COVID-19 test result will be released within a few minutes in the web app. During exceptionally busy times, please allow up to two hours. We’d recommend taking your test during business hours in case you need to contact our customer support team for queries or additional guidance.
Once your result is ready, you’ll be able to see it in the web app. We’ll also email you a notification for your records.
If your result is negative, you can set about your plans as normal. If your result is positive, follow the Government’s guidelines.
Good luck and stay safe with Project Screen by Prenetics.